Regardless of your workout of choice, exercise aficionados of all kinds have a few gym bag staples in tow every time they head out for a sweat session. Think of them as tools of the trade. Sneakers, headphones, a water bottle, an extra set of clothes, shower essentials, deodorant and a towel are surefire staples in most gym bags. Here’s another item that should be on your gym bag packing list — a headband. It really doesn’t matter if you’re a runner, a lifter, a hiker or a biker, you’ll find that a headband will quickly become your new secret workout weapon. Why, you ask? For starters, workout headbands are functional and look good. That could be enough in and of itself in some quarters, but here we’ll dive into further detail as to exactly why it needs to be in your gym bag.
- It Keeps Sweat Out of Your Eyes — There’s certainly nothing wrong with a good sweat. It can be a sign of a good workout and gives you an undeniably rewarding feeling. But that only goes so far. When sweat drips down your face and even worse gets in your eyes, it can really put a damper on whatever it is you’re doing. Luckily, running headbands for guys and girls are perfect for quickly wicking away sweat to prevent that dreaded trickle down. Our performance wicking fabric is comfortable and well-suited any activity that elevates the heart rate.
- It Keeps Hair Out of Your Face — Your hair is a big part of your look, so you might want to show it off while you hit the gym, court, track or field. Headbands allow you to do just that without altering your style. One size fits almost all domes, and our full-stretch tubular construction will keep hair from being a distraction so you exert all your energy into the task at hand.
- It Keeps You Cool — Headbands help you look cool while simultaneously helping you feel cool. The quick-dry aspect of our headbands is an excellent feature, as it prevents buildup of sweat that could make it heavy and sticky. While there’s no confrontation taking place here, we think it’s safe to say cooler heads prevail.
- It Keeps You Warm — Most athletes probably don’t think of headbands as being essential items for cold weather, but they truly can be for those who prefer an outdoor workout, even when temps are low. For those who are quick to work up a sweat or feel hot, a headband is sometimes a good call in lieu of a winter hat. On those days where it’s really cold, double up for twice the warmth and twice the coolness factor.
- It Keeps You Safe — Quality headbands can prevent athletes from becoming dangerously hot during a workout. We know many of you are unfazed by extreme temperatures, but you always need to exercise wisely when the thermostat keeps climbing higher and higher. Working out in hot weather puts extra stress on your body, and the exercise itself, the air temperature and the humidity work together to increase your core body temperature. If you’re not adequately hydrated and wearing sunscreen and proper clothing, you risk feeling sluggish or even worse, experience heat stroke.
|Take away tip
A good sports headband will wick sweat from your hairline or forehead, rather than absorbing it as you workout, keeping it out of your eyes. Other features to look for when it comes to winter running headbands include reflective elements and the ability to be chucked in the washing machine with the rest of your kit.
Q&A: Have you tried to wear sports headband before?
If you have the answer kindly send it to (firstname.lastname@example.org) and receive 10% discount on the upcoming (SPS) special population specialist course from FACTS.